Fashion brands are in the spotlight nowadays due to the increased interaction of customers on retail websites and their dependency on online shopping websites which provide shipping at doorsteps. Fashion brands nowadays are investing online a great deal and trying to build a trust-based relationship with customers through different social networks and blogs. Due to all this, many fashion designers are investing their time and energy in creating a name in the fashion industry, in such a world of fashion and trends, fake shopping websites have been a hindrance for many customers and sellers.
Sscence stands with very good consumer reviews and people are generally much satisfied with the quality of products and the variety of different fashion material present there. Listed below are some of the ways to spot fake shopping websites involved in breaching and other fraudulent activities.
- Customer reviews play a role in the status of a shopping website:The first and foremost step to stay away from fraudulent shopping websites is to analyze ratings and customer reviews on those sites, and check for the reviews on other social applications as well such as Instagram and Facebook audience can help you know if there is something suspicious on the specified website.
- Lock option near the address bar on search engine:There is a padlock present in the address bars which defines the correctness of the URLs, opens the dropdown box, and check whether the URL is safe to use or is a hacking technique used by hackers.
- Contact address and details provided:Always ensure to authenticate the contact details and the contact numbers provided by the website, whether that is a suitable location or not, or the phone numbers are working or not, sometimes when the fraud activity is performed, and the customer tries to contact the authority in question but is unable to contact.
- Payment methods provided by the company:Before signing in to an online website, and providing the information needed, ensure that the payment methods are authentic or not, if they are not reluctant to payment through a Credit card that can be a major red flag.
- Check out the pricing strategies:Super low-cost products which might be underneath marketplace rate are a common sign of faux online purchasing websites. A research article stated that actual websites mostly have cost finishing in .99$, whereas faux websites will have very bizarre figures like having a very high discount on the product that has a low cost.
- Refund policy tells a lot about the website:Check whether the shopping website has some refund policy in specific conditions or not, faux online websites will often provide very unclear and odd refund policies.
These are some of the more conspicuous ways to protect yourself from online theft and fraud, other than that you always check for suspicious emails sent by fashion brands and local stores, don’t share financial information with sites that are not approved by the customers, and contain good consumer ratings. Moreover, reviews from authentic sites keep consumers updated about the reputations of brands.